Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 9.03.18 AM

Picture: Tri-County Jail (PD)

In an odd twist of events an Ohio man was arrested after a traffic stop on New Year’s Day which lead an officer to uncover a slew of bombs, IED’s, a remote detonator, and an AR-15 rifle.

Andrew Scott Boguslawski, 43, of Moores Hill, Indiana was stopped by Trooper W. Scott Davis on westbound I-70 on January 1st, 2014 for speeding, Trooper Davis asked Boguslawksi if he had any weapons in the car to which Boguslawski replied “No.” at that time Trooper Davis noticed a small caliber pistol tucked between Boguslawski’s legs. Further investigation uncovered 58 small improvised initiators, 25 IED’s, a medicine bottle weighing 1.5 lb’s containing explosive materials, four incomplete improvised bombs, a remote detonator, and several loaded guns including an AR-15 rifle. Also in his possession were schematics for Muscatatuck Urban Training Center in which he was employed as a groundskeeper.

Boguslawski was trained as an Intelligence Analyst Specialist in the Army National Guard and held a Top Secret Clearance. Bogulawski has been in the Guard’s medical discharge unit since November.

Boguslawski is currently residing at the Tri-County Regional Jail on a $1 million bond.

More about this story: (ed.)

WCPO

Business Insider

The Blaze

MSN

Crazy Eyes

36 Comments on "Ohio Man Arrested With Bombs and AR-15 Was Intel Analyst With Top Secret Clearance"

1. Bartholemew Cubbins | Jan 12, 2014 at 5:28 pm |

Boy he’s gonna be mad when those mind control drugs wear off. Those MKULTRA guys really know how to prank!

2. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. My guess is that it will quietly go away.
    Spook business?

3. jasonpaulhayes | Jan 12, 2014 at 5:43 pm |

“Haven’t you ever wanted to just disappear, lunch boy? Poof, you’re gone?
    You’d be surprised how interesting people become when they think you’re
    -really- stupid” Dorian Newberry

• kowalityjesus | Jan 12, 2014 at 11:37 pm |

That looks like it could be a very apt quote but I don’t understand it out of context.

• American Cannibal | Jan 13, 2014 at 12:06 am |

Come on, Jesus. Get with the program. It’s all context.

• kowalityjesus | Jan 13, 2014 at 5:52 am |

Ich verstehe es nicht.

• American Cannibal | Jan 13, 2014 at 8:42 am |

If you were aware of the previous context (Disturbing Behavior), then you’d understand how it fits into this one and you’ll be sensitized for future contexts.

• kowalityjesus | Jan 13, 2014 at 2:25 pm |

It is a rare thing to advertise some lack of knowledge in these necks of the woods, I don’t mind humbling myself or looking naive. I gathered it was from that movie, and that Kurt Vonnegut was also mentioned in a line immediately preceding. It almost made sense, but I didn’t understand the last line. Pardon me for wanting to understand, you seem to have been able to deviate from the “nuanced context” to yell at me for asking, so maybe you should try telling me. whatevs

• jasonpaulhayes | Jan 13, 2014 at 4:42 pm |

Nobody ever suspects the janitor of being intelligent, they assume the worst of a man doing that sort of work… he may mop up after you but he also holds all the keys.

• kowalityjesus | Jan 13, 2014 at 7:09 pm |

Not to draw this out, but it seems like the quote we be much more comprehensible if the tense of “interesting” was replaced with “interested,” non?

• American Cannibal | Jan 13, 2014 at 6:15 pm |

Kow, buddy. You don’t have to whatevs me. I was goofing around with you, not yelling. I thought I was communicating a playful sidestep to see if you’d tag along. I’m sorry that it came out negative.

• kowalityjesus | Jan 13, 2014 at 7:08 pm |

sorry, I can get a bit touchy. It remains a flaw of the medium that sarcasm is not easily transmissible, no hard feelings.

• American Cannibal | Jan 13, 2014 at 10:36 pm |

It was my fault, I apologize. No hard feelings.

4. BuzzCoastin | Jan 12, 2014 at 5:50 pm |

the fact that he didn’t kill the trooper
    says something

5. I do not understand why a person “riding dirty” would wish to draw attention to themselves by speeding. I would think that a trained specialist would know this. Odd!

• Anarchy Pony | Jan 12, 2014 at 6:48 pm |

I don’t know, fly casual…

• I totally did not get the reference until I did a google search. Probably because it’s been roughly 15 years since I last watched that. I wish I could double upvote your comment now.

6. The threshold for NG acceptance being what it is, I’m surprised he was even discharged. Some folks would be shocked by internal stories from the National Guard regarding disturbed personnel remaining employed in spite of considerable evidence of mental and emotional issues that compromise their ability to function safely. (Got a family member in base security…more than once they’ve had to arrest disgruntled armed persons returning to the base laden with armaments and meaning to ‘get even’ with the bureaucracy that ‘wronged’ them. Not to mention the incidents of people acquiring arsenal weaponry to stockpile at home. It’s enough to make you consider that we’re in nowhere near as much danger from foreign operatives as we are from home grown nutjobs.)

• Probably also worth mentioning that, altho it sounds super James Bond-ish when you read it, Top Secret clearance is actually incredibly common and is a baseline for qualifying for the handling even mid level communications and paperwork.

• Well, he’s an intel analyst, used to be 98C, and that requires magic suffixes like “SI” that make it more than TS. I’ve been out almost 30 years and wonder if they’ve changed the codewords that themselves were classified. It’s a rabbit hole. 😉 Even today I don’t think about googling them.

• American Cannibal | Jan 14, 2014 at 4:17 pm |

I don’t ‘believe’ the above TS classifications have changed since you were in 30 years ago, but I ‘think’ they’ve added more higher level suffixes since that time. And, yes, they live in a classified rabbit hole where no one knows anything.

7. Why would this be an odd twist? Every year someone is arrested for some terror plot and it ends up that they were recruited and equipped by the feds. Christmas Tree bomber, model airplane bomber, Sears Tower plot, shoe bomber,… the list is endless. Look up Operation Thermcon to see how the feds use patsies to foment terror and then clamp down on our freedoms.

• ElevatedChimp | Jan 12, 2014 at 9:07 pm |

It’s an odd twist because the officer pulled Boguslawski over for a speeding violation and ended up stumbling on to a whole lot of bombs, a small cache of guns, and a remote detonating device.

• How many of them were trained as Intelligence Analyst Specialists in the Army National Guard and held Top Secret Clearances?

8. teachpeace | Jan 12, 2014 at 6:50 pm |

Jesus!Mary!&Joseph!

9. I am not a crook!

10. his last name was boguslawski? sounds like something jj abrams would come up with.

• InfvoCuernos | Jan 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm |

Ya, right up there with Madeupnamestine and Aliaszales.

• Nice Slavic name with God (Bog) and praise (slava) in it.

• I know, right?! It seems really odd to me as well. Like some thing out of a typical, cheeseball, Hollywood formula action movie.
      Or
      Use Boguslawski in a sentence: We have to stop that scoff-law, boguslawski, before he makes a mockery of our entire judicial system. Or: My public defender, Boguslawski, is a real ass-clown.
      What’s next, airplane hijackers named flyawayski?

11. InfvoCuernos | Jan 12, 2014 at 9:16 pm |

You know this wasn’t a gov’t plot, because it would have been a perfect opportunity to say they got tipped off to him through NSA spying… or maybe that’s just what they want you to think.

12. American Cannibal | Jan 13, 2014 at 12:08 am |

I wonder if there is a conviction bias towards crazy-eyed arrest photos.

13. There’s a vague smell of Sandy Hook about this.

14. jasonpaulhayes | Jan 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm |

What is MUTC?

Located in South Central Indiana’s Jennings County near Butlerville, Muscatatuck Urban Training Center (MUTC) is a secluded, self contained community, once home to the Muscatatuck State Developmental Center. The 1,000 acre site was turned over to the Indiana National Guard in July of 2005 and since has been continually evolving into a full-immersion contemporary urban training environment.

Those utilizing MUTC have access to a 180 acre reservoir and urban
    infrastructure consisting of 68 major buildings including a school,
    hospital, dormitories, light industrial structures, single family type
    dwellings, a dining facility and administrative buildings totaling
    approximately 850,000 square feet of floor space. Additionally the
    training area includes an extensive underground utility tunnel system
    and over 9 miles of roads and streets.

MUTC is a consortium of
    governmental, public and private entities that are pooling their unique
    capabilities in order to provide the most realistic training experience
    possible. Training that can be tailored to replicate both foreign and
    domestic scenarios and that can be utilized by various civilian and
    military organizations.

In its first year of operation the
    facilities at MUTC have been utilized by over 16,000 people from
    military, government and private agencies and is continually expanding
    training capabilities for future needs.

15. Obviously, this is a CIA “terrorist” who hadn’t put on his “Arab face” (spray on tan, fake beard) yet