This City Charges People $120 to Feed the Homeless

Abby Martin goes over some of the most egregious laws against the homeless and the different ways cities are dealing with the issue, citing Columbia, South Carolina’s mandatory fee to feed homeless people in parks, Osceola County, Florida’s 1000+ arrests of the same 37 people for panhandling and sleeping in public and San Francisco’s alleged hosing down of the homeless.

LIKE Breaking the Set @ http://fb.me/BreakingTheSet
FOLLOW Abby Martin @ http://twitter.com/AbbyMartin

Abby Martin

Abby Martin

Creator at The Empire Files
Creator The Empire Files on teleSUR, Founder Media Roots, BOD Project Censored & Former Host Breaking the Set
Abby Martin

24 Comments on "This City Charges People $120 to Feed the Homeless"

1. Simon Valentine | Feb 23, 2014 at 1:23 pm |

beating dead horses
    should have learned necromastery

this makes me rethink my “f*k everyone in the world”…
    it seems that would be primarily necrophilia

sweet Dorothy…

• Simon Valentine | Feb 23, 2014 at 1:30 pm |

“Observe, as our Infernal City moves on towards White Gold Tower…”

“The crime that seeks more, and which more seek than know, is there.”
      “Sweet Umaril wherefore art thou! Such a morass of souls cannot be the issue here! There is a truth of constancy beyond anything basal and banal – come to us now and we shall behold thee – THE UNDEAD”
      (the dirge..goes on..)

2. when you take food
    out of a hungry mouth
    you invite misfortune
    on yourself

3. Thurlow Weed | Feb 23, 2014 at 6:03 pm |

I don’t read this blog just to get my fix of Abby Martin. But, I do post here because no one else in the universe is listening.

4. These kinds of laws make me want to reject nonviolence.

• It does seem odd that compassion is being preyed upon, and criminalized.

• It doesn’t seem odd to me. I believe some businesses have realized that charities are competition, and are seeking to eliminate them. Greed must eventually kill and consume Love.

• Is it bad that I no longer feel sad about this kind of crap, but numb?

• Simon Valentine | Feb 24, 2014 at 12:47 pm |

hang on … the difference between businesses and charity is semantic … or less … o.0 … and what’s with retroactive terminology?

luminiferous aether?

• I don’t agree that the difference is semantic.

• Simon Valentine | Feb 24, 2014 at 8:39 pm |

so of the non-semantic difference, some of it is business = charity and some of it is business != charity. business has more MacGrypers? it’s kind of like a big someone who doesn’t accomplish anything sitting around debating if it’s muscle weight or fat weight, being not even worth the word inertia. oh. also business has pre-assumed systems of equivalence. but charity does to. that the algorithms would be equivalent or intraconvertible … just like fat -> muscle or muscle -> fat … but still not ‘mattering’ (lol) since it’s just the inertia w.a.d. of doom.

*edit*
            oh also if semantic = not-semantic ~
            … which of course has it’s ‘followings’ … it’s businesses and charities …. lol ….. but also business and charity aren’t defined *shrug* it’s a fake sumo match. WWS

• Whatever. Perhaps I should say that I know of at least one for-profit corporation which used financial shenanigans to buy a not-for-profit organization operating in the same field and then closed them.

• Simon Valentine | Feb 24, 2014 at 11:21 pm |

do you think they used the “too many chickens, not enough chicken farmers” argument, before any hatching, cloning, or live birth took place? perhaps i should say that i don’t accredit an abundance of intelligence to … well … impersonally, the system. The Great Obelisk is falling down and people are playing ring-around-the-sheut like it was Ra’s Russian Roulette. oh, and they have flower baskets full of poppies, tossing about like it’s a wedding orgy. civilization as a super-being hasn’t learned much yet. but apparently it loves to get high.

• I think they used the “we’d have more patients and make more money if the free clinic was shut down” argument.

• Simon Valentine | Feb 25, 2014 at 12:40 pm |

so they seek to keep a “too many chickens” boolean true and a “not enough chicken farmers” boolean true. peas in a pod~

5. They need spawn