Eminem, Ice Cube, Korn and Anonymous BLOW YOUR MIND (#WaveOfAction)

Check out Eminem, Ice Cube, Korn and Anonymous aligning forces to BLOW YOUR MIND and set off the #WaveOfAction scheduled for 4/4/14:

First part of the lyrics:

Look, I was gonna go easy on you not to hurt your feelings
But I’m only going to get this ONE CHANCE
Something’s wrong, I can feel it
Just a feeling I’ve got, like something’s about to happen
But I don’t know what
If that means what I think it means, we’re in trouble, big trouble
And if he is as bananas as you say, I’m not taking any chances
YOU ARE just what the doc ordered

Like something’s about to…

~*~ B O O M ~*~

Everything’s CORRUPT
Everything’s fucked up
Everything’s about a buck, you’re shit out of luck

I’m sick of gettin’ IGNORED, this world I can’t afford
On my birthday, BUY me a POLITICAN
It’s a shame that you got to teach your children…

[read the rest of the lyrics here]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

43 Comments on "Eminem, Ice Cube, Korn and Anonymous BLOW YOUR MIND (#WaveOfAction)"

1. Simon Valentine | Feb 20, 2014 at 10:56 pm |

if you can feel it, stop touching me, Jagon

2. What the hell decade am I in?

3. VaudeVillain | Feb 21, 2014 at 12:12 am |

Apparently Anonymous has the same shitty taste in music I did when I was 14. Neat.

4. kowalityjesus | Feb 21, 2014 at 1:18 am |

Fuck the haters. I have ALWAYS liked Korn, they have made some great music. Eminem has come a long way, and is at least an antagonist of “our” “enemies.” Ice Cube, well he is pretty awesome.
    However, this video is not accomplishing anything that the video for “Testify” by RATM did in 2004, ha.

• The Well Dressed Man | Feb 21, 2014 at 10:30 am |

Rage was the first thing that came to mind too when seeing this. They were the face of prepackaged suburban rebellion for at least a decade. I had no clue there was still Korn. Is there really an effort to bring back Nu Metal? I actually thought it was hilarious that Vice’s attempt to resurrect Limp Bizkit pissed off Thad enough to write a whole article about it – maybe that’s less ironic than I though. I’ve heard Mike Patton express that one of his great regrets is that Faith No More enabled Nu Metal bands like Korn. Korn, heh heh heh. Korn.

• kowalityjesus | Feb 21, 2014 at 6:03 pm |

I can’t exactly tell why people hate on Korn, and I can’t exactly tell whether you actively dislike them. But I think its a combination of the constituency of their fanbase, coupled with their objective success, paired with the discomfort people have from having liked them when younger and rejected them after “maturing.”

I can tell you precisely why I don’t give a fuck about the haters: Got The Life, Freak on a Leash, Here to Stay, It doesn’t matter whether they are spinning off Slipknot or Faith No More, they did it pretty frickin well.

• The Well Dressed Man | Feb 21, 2014 at 6:29 pm |

I’m still in opposition to the whole Nu Metal genre, including Korn. I wanted to like the way they tried to incorporate industrial and hip hop, but it just didn’t work for my sensibilities. But hey, I’m literally that snarky guy who worked at the “cool” record store back in the 90s. I was a total ass to people who bought stuff that I didn’t approve of. Decades later, and at roughly the same tax bracket, I’d like to think I’m less of a music snob and more humble. Sometimes, I still can be a jerk online, but I’m glad you’re not letting it get to you.

• kowalityjesus | Feb 21, 2014 at 6:36 pm |

I didn’t listen to popular music until I could drive, essentially, which was 2001. For example, I went through a Pumpkins phase a few years ago, where I thought they were just the fucking best. I may have missed it the first time around, but I value the fact that I can deeply appreciate a Prokofiev piano sonata, probably by virtue of my prudish fostering. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0OKuobtPOQ

5. Cortacespedes | Feb 21, 2014 at 2:46 am |

Joining forces for “Cultural Irrelevance Tour 2014”.

I’ve always been a bit perplexed at the idea of anonymous being an “entity” or even a “united front”.

Which branch of anonymous are they speaking of? Alcoholics Anonymous perhaps?

• Damien Quinn | Feb 21, 2014 at 6:00 am |

Shit, I think you’re missing the point of anonymous. Kids these days have a hard time understanding anything that doesn’t have it’s own logo. Anonymous, Guy Fawkes Masks and Stephen Hawking’s voice are 21st century agitation’s corporate branding and, seeing as nobody bothered to file a copyright, anyone is entitled to use the logo.

I thought that was why nobody filed a copyright.

• thats like questioning whether disinfo is an “entity” or a “united front”; despite many differences there are cultural and memetic parallels among members.

6. Eminem? Is this a joke? Isn’t he just some two-bit manufactured pop boi? He’s a multi-millionaire….

• kowalityjesus | Feb 21, 2014 at 6:41 pm |

No way, bro. Eminem is quite a talented rapper and poet with much more genuine issues than, like, Wiz Khalifa or whatever. Plus he is from my hometown.

7. misinformation | Feb 21, 2014 at 12:35 pm |

I thought this was Ice Cube’s most hardcore period:

8. Ah… your comment just popped up, my friend.

9. True!

10. whose idea was it to mix three songs together with different tempos, i mean wtf? were they trying to sound incompetent

11. sambrown299 | Feb 22, 2014 at 4:32 pm |

Besides your opinions of the music, this is a big step towards change. Music has always been a revolution in itself, well most art has been. Getting the knowledge out there is the first step to awakening others. Let’s unite as humans and take back the Earth that we were created to evolve with.

12. The Well Dressed Man | Feb 23, 2014 at 1:52 pm |

actually, nope. i think that Morello is a really good guitarist, and they had cred in ’92.

elsewhere in the world, music still has potential: