OK, so who can sort this one out: the founder of Occupy Wall Street wants the President of the United States to resign and appoint her boss, Google’s Chairman Eric Schmidt, to a new post, CEO of America. The Guardian reports but let’s hear from you in the comments if any of it makes sense:
One of the co-founders of the Occupy Wall Street movement has called on Barack Obama to resign as president, and “appoint Eric Schmidt CEO of America”.
Justine Tunney, a self-styled “champagne tranarchist”, is now a software engineer at Google, but remains involved with Occupy Wall Street, through the occupywallst.org website, which she created.
In the petition, which currently has two signatures (a far cry from the 195,000 who follow the Occupy Wall Street twitter account Tunney started in 2011), she calls on Obama to arrange a national referendum to:
- Retire all government employees with full pensions.
- Transfer administrative authority to the tech industry.
- Appoint Eric Schmidt CEO of America.
Tunney previously hit headlines when she reclaimed control of the Occupy Wall Street twitter account in February, and mooted the possibility of raising $1m to form a “non-violent militia”…
[continues at The Guardian]
Latest posts by majestic (see all)
- Letter of Recommendation: Fortean Times - Jun 25, 2016
- Tom DeLonge Took a Break From Blink-182 to Expose the Truth About Aliens - Jun 21, 2016
- Making Contact (In The Desert) - Jun 16, 2016