Seattle Police Reopening Kurt Cobain Death Investigation

PIC: Flominator (CC)

PIC: Flominator (CC)

Something about this story seems sketchy to me, but Seattle CBS affiliate KIRO TV says that they’ve learned that the Seattle Police Department is reopening its investigation into the apparent suicide of Kurt Cobain. They’ll be airing an exclusive interview with the detective responsible for the case and share a photo from the crime scene that has never been seen before. They’ll also discuss “alternative theories” about the singer’s death.

Via KIRO TV:

Nearly 20 years after Nirvana lead singer Kurt Cobain was found dead in his home near Lake Washington, Seattle police have reopened the case.

Last month, police developed four rolls of film that had been sitting for years in a Seattle police evidence vault. The 35 mm film was processed by the King County Sheriff’s Office photo lab under high security.

Though the pictures have a slight green tint because of deterioration, police say they more clearly show the scene than the earlier Polaroid photos taken by investigators.

Read the rest of the story at KIRO TV.

Thanks, “Earache!”

11 Comments on "Seattle Police Reopening Kurt Cobain Death Investigation"

1. jasonpaulhayes | Mar 20, 2014 at 4:52 pm |

I have always thought he was murdered. Kurt taking a lethal dose of heroin and on top of that also blowing his brains out… is a red flag for any investigator and isnt a case closed scenario for anyone I ever discussed the case with

• Didn’t he use a shot gun? Or rifle? I forgot now. But I remember something about the trigger being too far for his arm to reach.

• jasonpaulhayes | Mar 20, 2014 at 5:08 pm |

His left hand was found resting on the barrel of a Remington Single Barrel 20-gague Shotgun… took his face completely off and about 1/3 of his skull.

• FunKiller_OG | Mar 20, 2014 at 6:12 pm |

Plus he had 3 times the lethal amount of heroin in his system…..and his drug kit was put away all nice and neat.

2. FunKiller_OG | Mar 20, 2014 at 6:12 pm |

She had him killed…and has gotten away with it thus far….down with that skanky f’n piece of trash!!

3. mauriziojuvefc | Mar 20, 2014 at 7:34 pm |

This definitely needs to be re-examined.

4. Andy the Art Framer | Mar 21, 2014 at 8:41 pm |

Kurt’s not even dead. He’s in New Zealand smoking blunts with Tupac and Biggie

5. Matt Staggs | Mar 23, 2014 at 1:23 pm |

Hey Warner,
    I had actually expressed skepticism regarding the story in the first line. I said it looked sketchy. KIRO shared it three days ago – nowhere near a week. The denials and retractions came the next day. I was giving the story a day or two to come together, as I was hoping to gather some reactions from the studio, police department, fans, and other parties, and even I’ve got to take a break now and again. Give me the benefit of the doubt and maybe cut me some slack, will ya?

6. Cam Davies | Mar 23, 2014 at 3:16 pm |

there is a theory out there that the note he left was a note announcing his retirement. It’s not until the last few lines he mentioned suicide. and those lines appear to be written in a different hand writing.
    I’ve seen the note and it does look like a different person wrote the last part.