Cross Miraculously Appears Inside Sliced Potato In Albuquerque

New Mexico’s KOAT has your daily dose of irrefutable evidence of the divine hand at work on Earth:

An anonymous Action 7 News viewer sent in a photo of a sliced potato divided by what he calls Lenten crosses. The viewer wishes to remain anonymous. The potato sighting is far from the first time viewers have claimed to see the divine in everyday objects and things.

potato

71 Comments on "Cross Miraculously Appears Inside Sliced Potato In Albuquerque"

1. Echar Lailoken | Apr 1, 2014 at 9:32 am |

Myabe imaginary friends made it appear.

2. Thurlow Weed | Apr 1, 2014 at 9:38 am |

Ever see a angel shapes in fresh snow? This will probably blow your mind but true fact: some of them were not made by humans.

3. Anarchy Pony | Apr 1, 2014 at 10:31 am |

Because god finds it important to put messages in potatoes.

• Gjallarbru | Apr 1, 2014 at 11:09 am |

Remember that god works in mysterious ways…

• Anarchy Pony | Apr 1, 2014 at 11:13 am |

You got that right. Poverty, injustice, despoiling of creation. So let’s put a cross in a potato. That’ll make people love sky daddy more.

• Liam_McGonagle | Apr 1, 2014 at 12:51 pm |

We are His chosen people.

• Rhoid Rager | Apr 1, 2014 at 10:22 pm |

I just planted 8 rows of potatoes. I’m hoping to harvest at least 200lbs this year. The potato has sustained millions during countless crop failures. Salvation can be found easier in a potato than from a pastor. Tubers are more important than tabernacles.

• Anarchy Pony | Apr 1, 2014 at 10:25 pm |

Excellent vegetable. Fine source of carbohydrates.

• Calypso_1 | Apr 2, 2014 at 12:54 am |

Have you ever grown them in bags?

• Rhoid Rager | Apr 2, 2014 at 4:44 am |

No, I haven’t. Were you successful? What material were the bags made up? Burlap?

• emperorreagan | Apr 2, 2014 at 7:11 am |

Some people also have claimed success growing potatoes in hay bales – I haven’t seen that personally, but am considering it for a section of unused driveway.

• Calypso_1 | Apr 2, 2014 at 10:38 pm |

I just used heavy duty leaf bags. Worked great and no digging.
            It’s too hot n humid hear to grow them well into the summer. I was able to start them before the last frost. The black bag kept the soil heated during the day and covered them with a thermal blanket at night.

• Rhoid Rager | Apr 2, 2014 at 10:50 pm |

Leaf bags are plastic, aren’t they? Didn’t the bags trap the moisture in? Or we’re you extra careful with water?

• Calypso_1 | Apr 2, 2014 at 11:24 pm |

…well, it was a simple affair to cut drainage holes : )

• Rhoid Rager | Apr 2, 2014 at 11:34 pm |

i try to stay away from sharp objects. 😉

• Grow them in old tires as the plant grows add a tire and fill with dirt to top of tire. Dissemble one tire at a time to harvest.

4. They need more calcium in their soil . . .

5. mannyfurious | Apr 1, 2014 at 12:04 pm |

In all fairness, I believe in the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas Jesus said, “Lift a rock, I am there. Split a potato and the tool of my torturous death will inexplicably appear.” Or something like that. It’s been a while since I read it.

6. BuzzCoastin | Apr 1, 2014 at 12:44 pm |

i once had a girl friend who hada religious kinda thing about cucumbers
    sometimes she’d pray with a cucumber
    moaning “oh god, oh god”
    I’d mention her name
    but she prefers to femian anonymous

7. Liam_McGonagle | Apr 1, 2014 at 12:51 pm |

Looks more like a dagger to me.

8. Whhoooaaaaaa. I have to see this miracle in person—hope it starts bleeding. I’m off to book a plane ticket to Albuquerque.

9. Virtually Yours | Apr 1, 2014 at 1:11 pm |

Just remember: he made us in his image…

10. emperorreagan | Apr 1, 2014 at 2:19 pm |

I can’t believe that person murdered God’s favored potato. They’re most assuredly going to hell.

11. AManCalledDa-da | Apr 1, 2014 at 5:35 pm |

All old potatoes do this. All fools follow the religious advice of potatoes, but usually only in fried form. Mmmm, french fries…

12. InfvoCuernos | Apr 1, 2014 at 6:25 pm |

You’re looking at it all wrong-that’s an upside down cross. This is a St. Peter’s Spud.

13. feces of root boring beetle….

14. jasonpaulhayes | Apr 1, 2014 at 7:19 pm |

Cut that russet up and make some Freedom Fries.

15. Hoarfraust | Apr 1, 2014 at 8:45 pm |

I now worship root vegetables. I see that they gave their lives so that we may live! All hail the sacred spud!

16. Cortacespedes | Apr 1, 2014 at 11:44 pm |

Brown center and hollow heart???

Oh pfft!!

Now this…THIS is truly an item worthy of potato worship.

Can you imagine this “spudly-lingam” served up along side your medium-rare New York strip at the local steakhouse?

You wouldn’t have the nerve to tuck into it. Best to just take it home, name it, gild it, and place it in a position of honor; as the generous gift from Shiva it most obviously is.

17. Number1Framer | Apr 2, 2014 at 1:06 am |

I’m David Burke of cutting board fame and I endorse this miracle.

18. kowalityjesus | Apr 2, 2014 at 3:56 am |

that’s the cross of st peter, although i guess it could be anti-christian given the intent of whoever is inverting it

• VaudeVillain | Apr 2, 2014 at 7:08 pm |

Satanist like whoa!

To be fair, every copy I found was on a site claiming it really is… Oh fundies!

• kowalityjesus | Apr 3, 2014 at 11:54 am |

Yeah man, I even know of some super-fundamentalist Catholics that think its anti-christ. Do not get.

• VaudeVillain | Apr 3, 2014 at 5:01 pm |

I actually sourced it from one of those. I love the internet.

[edited to correct an embarrassing spelling error]

• kowalityjesus | Apr 3, 2014 at 9:54 pm |

To tell you the truth, I was drawn to Catholicism by some rather reactionary sources. Most Holy Family Monastery was one reason why I left episcopalianism for orthodoxy… they are the conspiracy theorists of the Catholic world, sedevacantists, who think the sitting pope is a heretic and therefore not a Catholic. I am no longer that far right, nor really ever was.

19. northierthanthou.com | Apr 2, 2014 at 3:21 pm |