Mississippi UFOThis is why I would not be able to handle living in the country. Via South Mississippi’s WLOX:

They were caught on camera the night of February 16. Mysterious lights that appeared in the sky over the 150 acres that Rainer and Edith Shattles call home in the Cumbest Bluff area of Jackson County. Were they a phenomenon that’s simple to explain, or something else?

The timeline of the pictures is clear. At 7:24pm, deer appear and all is normal. At 7:29, a dim light appears. At 7:35, it gets brighter. Then at 7:53, a weird shape appears on the camera. The deer are lit up brightly, but how? The cameras are infrared and don’t emit light. At 7:56, another sharper light appears, then it gets much closer, seemingly focused on the deer. It looks like headlights, but well off the ground and there is no road. It then flies away.

15 Comments on "Did A Mississippi Couple’s Infrared Camera Capture A UFO’s Interaction With Deer?"

1. Echar Lailoken | Apr 8, 2014 at 11:30 am |

Commercial drone with lights on it?

2. Anarchy Pony | Apr 8, 2014 at 11:41 am |

I gotta say, those look like headlights.

• Echar Lailoken | Apr 8, 2014 at 12:18 pm |

Can IR light be tested from a photo?

• Anarchy Pony | Apr 8, 2014 at 12:25 pm |

I dunno. I suppose it could be a hobbyist’s attempt at cheap night vision for a drone though. And I doubt that such a person would come forward after this crap hit the news, to avoid potential litigation.

• Echar Lailoken | Apr 8, 2014 at 1:10 pm |

Maybe it was intentional?

• Anarchy Pony | Apr 8, 2014 at 1:21 pm |

I don’t suppose their fish and wildlife service has drones yet. I guess a prank isn’t out of the question.

• Echar Lailoken | Apr 8, 2014 at 1:32 pm |

It would take some planning and patience, but more plausible than high strangeness.

3. BuzzCoastin | Apr 8, 2014 at 12:48 pm |

I’ll tell you, too, that’s starting to depress me about UFO’s, about the fact that they cross galaxies, or wherever they come from to visit us, and always end up in places like Fife, Alabama. Maybe these are not super-intelligent beings, man.

Bill Hicks

4. BrianApocalypse | Apr 8, 2014 at 1:47 pm |

One of those Amazon delivery drones became sentient and has started analyzing organic forms.

5. ciphersupreme | Apr 8, 2014 at 9:51 pm |

Its lens flare and the deer’s eyes. The light you are seeing is the IR light from the camera lol.

• Tony Baloney | Apr 9, 2014 at 3:51 pm |

Gotta love the knowitall’s like you so super-eager to show off how clever you are. So absolute.

Why are the lights there when the deer is not in frame?? And why don’t you address the profile deer with the spotlight shining on it from the side? Man.

• ciphersupreme | Apr 9, 2014 at 9:18 pm |

You are welcome. I love when my fans appreciate my work. IR reflecting off of the deers eyes out of frame..then as the deer actually gets in frame it gets brighter. photography 101. Once again, I appreciate you noticing how cleaver I am. Its fun to have fans like you.

• Matt Staggs | Apr 9, 2014 at 4:10 pm |

It’s funny the stuff that catches national attention. I haven’t heard word one about this “UFO” here in Mississippi, either from the people I know or the local media, but it’s all over the national media.

6. There IS light being emitted from the IR camera. It’s not far IR where you’re tracking body heat. It’s near IR where you emit your own light invisible to the naked eye and it reflects off objects, the camera capturing that. You can even see the IR LED flash bulbs on the camera strapped to the tree.