‘Vice’ and ‘Call of Duty’ Presents: Superpower for Sale

Alt. Journalism/counterculture mainstay Vice throws in their lot with Activision to promote the newest installment of the Call of Duty franchise, titled “Advanced Warfare”. Strange bedfellows, I guess, but it’s no stranger to see Kevin Spacey pop up in the trailer just after stating that he wouldn’t do any movies unless it was a significant role on a Martin Scorcese film. Money does things to people, not that I’m pointing any fingers. We all do stuff to pay the bills, and hell, I’m a fan of Vice, Call of Duty (Yeah, I know. My taste in video games is total “bro”.) and Kevin Spacey.

14 Comments on "‘Vice’ and ‘Call of Duty’ Presents: Superpower for Sale"

1. Echar Lailoken | May 2, 2014 at 5:54 pm |

This is scary stuff.

2. BuzzCoastin | May 2, 2014 at 6:52 pm |

Alt. Journalism/counterculture mainstream Vice throws
    bullshit laden sparky media fodder
    to distract the many & to enrich the few

3. Anarchy Pony | May 2, 2014 at 7:21 pm |

I like in the new trailer when Spacey says that the US has been trying to create democracies. I lol’d.

4. InfvoCuernos | May 2, 2014 at 9:58 pm |

What’s scarier? Soldiers that fight for money, or soldiers that fight for ideology? There’s nothing new here, for those who know their history. Mercenaries have been around for a loooooooong time.

• kowalityjesus | May 3, 2014 at 1:05 am |

perhaps its the fungibility of the loyalty in the new era of fast communication and transportation that most startles people. Stock transactions happen in milliseconds: what precedent does that set for military loyalty based on price?

• InfvoCuernos | May 3, 2014 at 8:20 pm |

Look at the mercenaries of the Thirty Years War in the 1600’s and how fast, and how often they changed allegiance, and they barely had the printing press and hardly anyone was literate. Money talks, and fast.

• kowalityjesus | May 4, 2014 at 4:10 pm |

the 30-years war…how utterly fucked of a war. Thuringen was depopulated by 65% of men women and children. Good thing JS Bach was born there a couple generations later…he had 24 kids.

5. kowalityjesus | May 3, 2014 at 1:09 am |

copyright oh well…thanks Scott Adams!

6. Rhoid Rager | May 3, 2014 at 5:20 am |

The Call of Duty trailed made me queasy. What a shame Kevin Spacey has to propagate that bullshit.

7. Adam's Shadow | May 4, 2014 at 5:02 pm |

When is “Call of Duty: Tom Clancy’s Modern Ghost Splinter Cell Warfare” coming out again? The one with Detroit and East Oakland DLC.