Pair Jailed For Attacking Edinburgh Mosque With Bacon

Pic: PORGE (CC)

Pic: PORGE (CC)

They’re muslims, not vampires, and that’s bacon, not garlic, you fascist dimwits. The porcine projectiles were lobbed by a man and woman associated with the Scottish Defence League, itself associated with far-right organization the English Defence League. Bacon belongs in frying pans and on plates, not mosque windows. They should give them a few extra months for wasting delicious foodstuffs.

Douglas Cruikshank, 39, and 18-year-old Chelsea Lambie threw bacon at the window of Edinburgh’s Central Mosque and wrapped the meat around door handles on January 31 last year.

Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard they and a third offender were associated with the Scottish Defence League, prosecutors said.

Wayne Stilwel, 25, from Gorebridge, Midlothian, previously admitted his involvement and was sentenced to 10 months in September.

Cruikshank, from Galashiels in the Borders, and Lambie, from Paisley, Renfrewshire, were convicted of threatening and abusive behaviour following a trial.

The trial heard that a man who was inside the mosque praying on the morning of the attack heard something hitting the prayer room window. Slices of uncooked bacon were later discovered stuck to the window. Islam prohibits the consumption of pork.

When Lambie was arrested at her boyfriend’s home in Gorebridge on January 31, a Blackberry mobile phone was found in her clothing. Messages sent on January 31 included: “Going to invade a mosque, because we can go where we want”. A message to the phone asked: “What you do last night?” and the reply: “Went to the mosque in Edinburgh and wrapped bacon round the door handles, opened the door and threw it in ha ha ha”. Google searches on the phone were for the location of the mosque, addresses for taxis in Gorebridge and Dalkeith and at 14.59 on January 31: “Edinburgh mosque bacon search”.

via Pair jailed for Edinburgh mosque bacon attack – The Scotsman.

58 Comments on "Pair Jailed For Attacking Edinburgh Mosque With Bacon"

1. If one can’t see the humor in this…

• Well I can see the humour in the sheer idiocy on display by Mr Cruikshank and Ms Lambie.

• There’s an absurdity to it that is right out of Monty Python. But first you have to put current context aside.

• It just occurred to me that “Mr Cruickshank and Ms Lambie” could well be characters from a Python sketch.

2. When Pussy Riot pretty much did the exact same thing to a Christian church that’s punk rock, but since it’s involving Muslims that’s racist.

• Gjallarbru | Jun 24, 2014 at 2:08 pm |

Yup, that has always amazed me as Islam is a religion, not a ethnic group or a “race”.

• True. On a related note, I’m similarly amazed at the whole “anti-Semite” thing in the middle-east, given that Palestinians are also a Semitic people.

Peoples be stupid and require simple labelling on everything, regardless of accuracy, I guess.

• Should broaden your definitions.
        According to numerous dictionaries, it qualifies as all three.

• I have a dictionary where there are four*!

*Wherein the fourth defines it as “a 400-foot tall collossus that vaporises busloads of kittens via a glowing red eye-like weapon in the centre of its’ forehead.”

Okay, so I wrote that one in myself. In crayon…

• Gjallarbru | Jun 25, 2014 at 7:13 am |

I don’t have to agree with any dictionary. For the simple fact that I could convert to Islam, the dictionaries are wrong. So, with deference, I won’t broaden anything.

• You know, I don’t remember Pussy Riot throwing bacon at a church, which would be the accurate definition of “pretty much did the exact same thing”.

• Oh I’m sorry Mr. Technicality, I know “throwing bacon at a church” isn’t EXACTLY the same thing but I’m pretty sure trespassing, yelling obscenities, and then stuffing chickens up their genitalia’s in front of families isn’t EXACTLY better behavior.

• I’m Mr Grim, not Mr Technicality. (Oops! I did it again…)

I must admit I’m not intimately familiar with the particular incident, but those must have been some big “genitalias” (sic).

Either that, or some really small chickens.

(Incidentally, are chickens particularly offensive to Xtians for some reason I wasn’t previously aware of? On a pig-meat>Islam level?)

• Although it’s rather upsetting to be corrected by someone too lazy to spell “Christian” all the way out, I’m certain what Pussy Riot did at the Church wasn’t any less or more egregious than what those throwing bacon at the mosque did.

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 26, 2014 at 4:29 pm |

uh it was way less.

here’s why:

1-it was a political act about the closeness of church and state.
            2-it took place in a orthodox christian majority country
            3-christian’s are contractually obligated to practice forgiveness and self-reflection. they girls went to hard labour camp.

• {{it was a political act about the closeness of church and state.}}

What part of Sharia law is compatible with secular values within most Western societies?

{{it took place in a orthodox christian majority country}}

Yeah so why not have Pussy Riot go crash mosques in Saudi Arabia?

{{christian’s are contractually obligated to practice forgiveness and self-reflection. they girls went to hard labour camp.}}

The apostrophe wasn’t necessary and I don’t see how anyone is “contractually” obligated to do anything for faith. It’s a religion, not a record deal.

{{and unless you are russian orthodox, their brand of christian is not your christianity. the differences are pretty big. you do know that, right?}}

I’m not a Christian so tell me why people should be thrown in jail for a long time throwing bacon at a mosque or trespassing a church to throw a concert? I’m not endorsing stiff punishments for either. Although those on the Left wanna put people in jail that runs counter to their agendas even if they will look the other way for the same crimes with anti-Christian sentiments….

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 27, 2014 at 12:27 pm |

the apostrophe was unnecessary i agree.i am glad you are not a x’tian, because you are not acting like one. tolerant. or even recognising ‘your’ religion comes from the same group of brown people, from the same part of the world, and refers to the same god. glad we cleared that up.

• I’m more interested in the tangible. Sorry.

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 28, 2014 at 8:51 am |

let’s see, you’re not interested in x’tianity or god or right action yet you’re trolling a thread, claiming the left is anti-christian and basically that white people lost their rights to the browns.

what part of that is ‘tangible’ to you?

• So these people AREN’T spending 10 months in jail over something tantamount to food fighting? Leftists aren’t praising Pussy Riot as heroes (people can argue it was a rather obnoxious act)?

I don’t know what reality YOU live in but I’m also certain “right action” is pretty subjective. I’m more concerned with true or false than what’s “good and/or evil” since everyone can arbitrarily make those distinctions with the latter.

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 29, 2014 at 1:50 am |

pussy riot are sheroes.
            punk rock and political action.
            your point?

• You’re an idiot.

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 29, 2014 at 9:40 am |

lol. there it is. when a troll runs out of things to say, they resort to ad hominem.

• Just because you don’t like an answer to a question doesn’t mean it’s simply “trolling.”

• But just because your answer was nothing but an insult does.

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 29, 2014 at 7:44 pm |

i never asked you ‘if’ i was an idiot;).

• You make a better point. It’s no question.

• Echar Lailoken | Jun 29, 2014 at 9:25 pm |

You have completely dispelled any doubt that you may be a troll.

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 30, 2014 at 12:02 am |

later hater;).

• All right, if we’re going to be picking, I choose:

Islamic Golden Age

All of xtianity and the rest can go take a hike. You contributed nothing by comparison!!!

• kowalityjesus | Jul 2, 2014 at 1:22 pm |

go jump in a lake, yeah right.

• Truth is a harsh mistress. Don’t you have a library to burn down or some other various way to go to war for Chris™y Chris™us?

Believe me, it ain’t easy to purge the Jebus-Is-So-Great Virus™. Do yourself a favor though and hit “delete”.

Horus, though, is the ™ruth, mah brutha!

• kowalityjesus | Jul 2, 2014 at 10:52 pm |

right on, there, champ. you earn a wtf.

• lol, you told me to jump in a lake…

clearly, you’re interested in a serious and thought provoking debate‽

go wtf ur “self”

Jebus will watch and silently judge u.

• DeepCough | Jul 1, 2014 at 8:16 am |

You do know that Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova locked up fro that right?

• kowalityjesus | Jul 2, 2014 at 1:25 pm |

yeah, but even though the action was roughly equivocable they are not condemned for their attack on religious sanctity as these Scots who are reacting to an alien people as any good crusader would.

3. You just made all the slightly different incarnations of the Abrahamic Invisible Wrathful Sky Daddy cry. I hope you’re proud of yourself, young man…

4. BuzzCoastin | Jun 24, 2014 at 8:58 pm |

Scotts
    they luvs their bacon as much as booze
    which may also been involved in this sacrilege of bacon

• When we hear of someone throwing deep-fried Mars bars and cans of Irn Bru at a place of worship, we’ll know we’re dealing with real Scots.

• Jonas Planck | Jun 30, 2014 at 11:40 pm |

Not trying to be combative or anything, but this is the internet, and it’s an unspoken law that I have to do this:
        YOU’RE USING THE NO TRUE SCOTSMAN FALLACY!!!!

• Dammit!

I thought I’d gotten away with it, through the cunning ruse of phrasing it slightly differently!

5. Maybe you missed the ongoing, 13-year, murderous crusade against Islam; villified round the clock, to pre-Holocaust proportions, by the Imperial Western MSM?

• Maybe you missed that the “13 year murderous crusade” at least ended. Islam’s murderous crusade on non-muslims has been going on for over 2000 years.
      It’s followers are still beheading and crucifying Christians nowadays – among other peoples – and still show no signs of even slowing down, never mind stopping.
      Incidently, the Crusades were started as a reaction to what the muslims were already doing to non-muslims back in the medieval ages.
      The Crusaders were sent to help defend Israel against the muslim invaders who were trying to destroy Jerusalem and it’s occupants as well as the surrounding cities.

6. InfvoCuernos | Jun 24, 2014 at 11:12 pm |

I think we’ve finally found something that bacon doesn’t make better.

7. Jonas Planck | Jun 25, 2014 at 12:33 am |

8. thisbliss | Jun 25, 2014 at 1:05 pm |

This shouldn’t’ve happened just like Christians don’t deserve to be lambasted. It isn’t a fashion statement its a support system for a hella lot of people. It’s like making fun of someone for using a wheelchair

9. Yep, I have noticed the same. All three Abrahamic religions worship the very same psychopath ass-clown.

10. Uh…

Unless your entire command of history rests solely on the 20th Century, I don’t think there were Zionists back then.

11. Bacon. The new weapon of choice.

12. 9/11 Cretin.