Russell Brand at No More Austerity Protest 50,000 in Attendance

Russell Brand at No More Austerity Protest 50,000 in Attendance

Via We Are Change

LukeRudkowski

Luke Rudkowski is an independent journalist, activist, live streamer and founder of WeAreChange.org.

17 Comments on "Russell Brand at No More Austerity Protest 50,000 in Attendance"

1. Liam_McGonagle | Jun 25, 2014 at 2:46 pm |

But Austerity is good for the economy. If people stop spending money, then . . .

No. Wait. It’s like this: Austerity is good for the economy because when a sovereign country who can print money any time they like divert spending from social programs to military projects . . .

Okay, not that either. But I got it this time: Austerity is good for the economy because spending on infrastructure and education only creates more excess productive capacity in an environment of restricted capital flow.

There. That’s it. The problem isn’t a lack of activity, it’s exagerrated expectations. You’d all be happier if you accepted zero as your baseline. And really, given the historical record, it really is a little perverse to expect your government to work for you, rather than to work for your government.

2. My favorite part of the video.

I signed on for 8 years, I lived on benefits. Were it not for the benefits I received I would not have been able to work on my quite sever herion and crack addiction.

I thought Brand was arguing was arguing against austerity?

• Echar Lailoken | Jun 25, 2014 at 6:14 pm |

You’ve already established yourself as a terrible person. No need to reinforce it.

• Liam_McGonagle | Jun 26, 2014 at 10:23 am |

But that’s what makes him “edgy”. This regard we have for logic and morality is a peasant ideology.

• Adam's Shadow | Jun 25, 2014 at 6:36 pm |

Yeh, he should have just slowly poisoned himself to death like a normal junkie; much better scenario than becoming a successful comedian. Those homes and cars aren’t going to break into themselves. We need people like that to feel superior to, don’t we BJD?

• I’m sure the British taxpayer relishes supporting junkies.

• I’m sure the British taxpayer will be happy that this former junkie is now indeed paying tax (at a high rate), what with him becoming a highly successful self-employed businessman.

Way to miss the point, both inre: Brand AND that helping people who are down is ultimately helping all of society.

• Clearly, the world would be a better place if JK Rowling had just gone off and died in a bog or something instead of going on welfare.

• Yep:

‘In September 2008, on the eve of the Labour Party Conference, Rowling announced that she had donated £1 million to the Labour Party, and publicly endorsed Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown … She donated £1 million to the Better Together anti[Scottish]-independence campaign, (run by her former neighbour Alistair Darling) the largest donation it had received at the time…’ ~ Wikipedia.

• I think the existence of most of the movie adaptations is far more damning than some political donations.

On the other hand…

Worth it.

Harry Potter is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 25, 2014 at 7:14 pm |

if there was any lingering doubt you are nothing but a corporate, right wing shill, i think you dispelled it all by yourself. A+!

3. LouisaMorrisonuda | Jun 26, 2014 at 5:31 am |