A Changing Of The Guard: Meet Your New Site Editor

PIC: Me, on a recent assignment. Imperial entanglements were encountered.

PIC: Me, on a recent assignment. Imperial entanglements were encountered. (c) MS

The time has come to say goodbye, Disinfonauts. Some of you may have heard already, but for those who have not, I’ve stepped down from my position at the company. I’ve enjoyed serving as your web content editor (and one-time podcaster) over the past couple of years, but it’s time I move on and let someone else take their turn at the wheel.

Allow me to introduce you to Marcie Gainer, your new web content editor as of Monday morning. I suspect tomorrow is going to be an extremely busy day for Marcie, as that will also be her first day as TDC Entertainment’s new sales and marketing manager. (TDC, if you’re wondering, is the parent company that owns disinfo.com.) Marcie is a huge movie buff, and is particularly fond of documentaries. In addition to her work here at Disinfo/TDC, Marcie runs her own film review site,  thecinematika.com.

Marcie is very familiar with the site and has a good nose for news. I think you’re going to be quite happy with her work as site editor, and I hope that you’ll support her as she settles in and gets to know you all.

So what about me? Where I am I going? Hmmm… Good question. I don’t have any specific plans. I’m hoping to get back into podcasting again, and to do a lot more freelance writing. There may be some other surprises down the road, as well. (There always are, aren’t they?)

If you want to keep up with me, you can always follow me on Twitter (@mattstaggs). I’m also rebooting my old homepage www.mattstaggs.com. There’s not much there now, but bookmark it and check back now and again. I’m going to be uploading some writing, hosting my podcast there, and doing some other fun stuff. You can also email me if you want. I won’t publish that here, but believe me, my email address isn’t hard to find at all.

I might be back here now and again as a commenter and contributor. You never can tell.

Thanks for giving me a chance here. I’ve had a lovely time and I’ve made a lot of good friends. I hope that we’ll stay in touch.

Please be good to Marcie. You know what first day jitters are like.

Matt

41 Comments on "A Changing Of The Guard: Meet Your New Site Editor"

1. swabby429 | Jul 6, 2014 at 2:17 pm |

Does this mean that the podcasts will resume on iTunes, too?

• I’m going to try to get more podcasts going. Might not happen right away, but it’s definitely on my plate. Just curious – would interviews with filmmakers of our documentaries interest you?

• swabby429 | Jul 9, 2014 at 8:26 am |

Oh yes, I like to find out how they produced the features and what their personal experiences are. If they changed their views on isssues, etc.

2. Anarchy Pony | Jul 6, 2014 at 2:33 pm |

I don’t think that blaster is standard imperial issue…

Anyway, good luck to Matt, come back and see us sometime.

• Re: blaster, yes indeed. Possibly confiscated from Han?

• Anarchy Pony | Jul 7, 2014 at 12:56 am |

Han’s blaster pistol had a scope. I do believe that officer is in possession of contraband. I have sent notice to his superiors in order to reprimand him.

3. Tchoutoye | Jul 6, 2014 at 3:17 pm |

Meet the new site editor. Same as the old site editor.

Just kidding Marcie… welcome aboard this ship of fools.
    And thanks Matt.

4. alizardx | Jul 6, 2014 at 4:27 pm |

Good luck with wherever your future takes you. Not good bye, because I suspect we’ll be seeing you doing something interesting somewhere else Real Soon Now.

You did a great job here. Keeping a fringe subject site more or less rational looking means keeping a very difficult balance.

And Marcie, hi there and welcome.

5. It’s been a pleasure to read/interact with Disinfo under your tenure, Matt. May fate favor you and your endeavors. m(_ _)m

But Eden is burning either brace yourself for elimination
    Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.

6. mannyfurious | Jul 6, 2014 at 5:04 pm |

The past two years were a great time on this site. Thanks Matt, and good luck on wherever you find yourself.

And welcome, Marcie. I also wish you luck and look forward to seeing your touch on this site….

7. Contribute when you can, man! Otherwise we’ll miss you!

(Except for the Honey Boo Boo incident. We won’t miss that. I still haven’t completely forgiven it. That doesn’t change that its been awesome having you around, though!)

peace!!

• Oh…and Marcie…

Oh, how I pity you the flotsam and jetsam you have inherited 🙂 J/k. Welcome to the shipwreck we call Disinfo.com!

8. Number1Framer | Jul 6, 2014 at 5:18 pm |

Godspeed. I’m gonna miss little touches like dolphin masturbation, beaver attacks, and bear BJs, but welcome whatever weirdness the new regime brings. Welcome Marcie.

9. Gonna miss you Matt. Take care, good luck and Godspeed with every endeavor.

10. Um – editor – the link to “cinematika” used a c instead and is wrong. The link to the Science Daily story about C02/solar is similarly fubar.

11. Rhoid Rager | Jul 6, 2014 at 7:29 pm |

Thanks for your hard work and patience, Matt. Best of luck on your future endeavours. I’ll see you around!

12. Damn, torn between missing Matt’s quirky posts, and anticipating what new kinds of quirkiness will be showing up. Welcome to the weird Marcie.

13. erte4wt4etrg | Jul 6, 2014 at 9:22 pm |

So long and thanks for all the fish

14. kowalityjesus | Jul 6, 2014 at 9:46 pm |

Matt, you rock mon.

15. Herp Derp McGurt | Jul 6, 2014 at 9:54 pm |

Glad to hear you’ll continue podcasting. I’ve been missing hearing the disinfocast during work. Best of luck to you and Marcie.

16. Cheerio Matt, sorry to see you go.

17. Fare thee well, Matt, you will definitely be missed, so hope to see you around the traps in one form or another.

Marcie: Welcome to the Jungle. 😉

18. BuzzCoastin | Jul 6, 2014 at 10:42 pm |

sorry to sed ya go
    butt
    it’s about time
    happy trails

19. You’re a good dude, Matt. Best of luck with your new venture.

Welcome Marcie, looking forward to your work here.

20. PrimateZero | Jul 6, 2014 at 11:05 pm |

Matt, good luck and don’t be a stranger.

21. VaudeVillain | Jul 7, 2014 at 1:22 am |

Good luck Matt.

Marcie, I apologize in advance.

22. Lookinfor Buford | Jul 7, 2014 at 11:37 am |

Vaya con Dios, Matt.

Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

23. Virtually Yours | Jul 7, 2014 at 11:50 am |

The only constant is change, though it does not mean that we shall miss you any less. Thanks for everything, and best of luck…

24. Warm wishes to Matt and Marcie alike.

25. drokhole | Jul 7, 2014 at 3:11 pm |

Disinfo has been at the top of my daily rounds for awhile now, thanks in no small part to your efforts and welcoming attitude. Hope everything works out moving forward. Best of luck, Matt!

26. BrianApocalypse | Jul 7, 2014 at 3:13 pm |

Good luck for the future Matt. I think you did a great job here.

27. emperorreagan | Jul 7, 2014 at 3:41 pm |

I’ll be looking for the new podcast.

28. The Well Dressed Man | Jul 7, 2014 at 4:18 pm |

Hello/Goodbye. Goodbye/Hello. Hello!

29. gustave courbet | Jul 7, 2014 at 5:21 pm |

Good luck on your future endeavors, Matt. Welcome Marcie.

30. Good luck, Matt. I have enjoyed your sense of humor, patience, and blunt honesty, and I look forward to reading more of your writing as you branch out into the world.

Welcome Marcie!

31. Tuna Ghost | Jul 9, 2014 at 9:27 am |

Best of luck, Matt. Your patience verges on the superhuman, and it didn’t go unnoticed or unappreciated even though few ever thanked you for it.

Welcome, Marcie! I already like the cut of your jib.