Our first weekly poll was a relative success. In light of our soon-to-be released Boredom, we asked your opinions on one of the issues raised in the film. It seems the majority of you agree with director Albert Nerenberg’s conclusion. The results are below:
Are Smart Phones Making Us More Bored?
- Yes (69%, 121 Votes)
- No (31%, 54 Votes)
Total Voters: 175
This week’s poll is comparatively longer: “What current issue is most important?” For each answer (except Immigration and Guns rights), we have a documentary that addresses said issue. I’ve linked them, if any of you are interested.
· NSA/Government Surveillance – War on Whistleblowers
· Economy (in general) – In Debt We Trust
· Gun rights
· Gay rights – The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls
· Torture and Government Conspiracy – Doctors of the Dark Side
Another Shameless Plug: Since I’ve already shamelessly promoted a dozen or so of TDC’s films, I might as well do another plug about our new donate button. I’m sure you’ve all noticed it on the top right hand column of our site at this point. If you ever feel like showing your appreciation for the work we do here, please feel free to donate (any little bit helps, even a dollar). Help us continue to bring you alternative news, while fostering the community we’ve all come to love.
3am Quote Call To Action: The Disinfo Facebok page has now started a 3am quote campaign, where we post a new quote every morning at 3am. We are happy to take any quote submissions you may have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (we sometimes post the quotes on Twitter, if they are short enough). You can also fill out a contact form here.
Latest posts by Marcie Gainer (see all)
- Man beset by bedbugs sets apartment ablaze - Jan 12, 2016
- Watch the trailer for Werner Herzog’s new documentary - Jan 10, 2016
- John Waters Behind the Scenes of Cry Baby - Jan 6, 2016