A few weeks ago I was contacted by the folks at Free Radical Media to see if I would be willing to be a guest in their fledgeling podcast network. I checked out some of their work and really liked what I found, so I nervously agreed – I’ve never been a guest on a podcast before.
We ended up discussing a myriad of topics focused on mathematics, education, and some of the problems associated with our centralized systems as well as some of the solutions available to us at the moment.
It was a very fun experience and I would like to thank Eric and Patrick for having me as a guest. Below you will find the podcast.
FRM – Mathematics, Education and True Learning with chycho
For those interested in further exploring some of the topics that we discussed, you will find additional information regarding these topics at:
- Article: Paradigm Shift in Education: Krishnamurti on the Educator, RAW on Ignorance, Gato on the System, and Hamming on Learning
- Article: Why is Math Important? Because the language of mathematics plays a vital role in our evolution
- Mathematics: Gödel’s incompleteness theorems
- Episode of Star Trek Voyager: “The Omega Directive”
Latest posts by salviad (see all)
- “And prove to me, America, that you care. And prove to me, America, you’re aware” – ‘Is It For Freedom?’ by Sarah Thomsen - Sep 24, 2014
- Free Radical Media Podcast: Mathematics, Education and True Learning with chycho - Sep 17, 2014
- Synopsis of Our Present Predicament: What the Future Holds - Jul 22, 2014