This week the Senate released nearly 500 pages of previously classified about CIA detention and interrogation. This report shows us new details about the C.I.A.’s torture techniques. Not surprisingly, the interrogation techniques used, are much more disturbing than originally portrayed.
Some other findings include:
- The report reveals 20 names of detainees that “have not been previously acknowledged by the CIA to the SSCI”
- At least 39 detainees of the 119 detainees given in the table “were subjected to the CIA’s enhanced interrogation techniques”
- While the exact number of days in CIA custody was not entirely declassified, the average time in custody for the 119 detainees was at least 392 days; one detainee, Abu Zubaydah, was in CIA custody for at least 1590 days.
A full table of detainees in CIA custody between 2002 and 2008 can be seen below.
Latest posts by Breshvic (see all)
- There’s a Drug that Prevents HIV, But Most People Don’t Know About it - Dec 18, 2016
- What would a Donald Trump Presidency look like? - Aug 8, 2016
- The Toll of Super Bowl 50 - Jan 28, 2016