After my bout with bedbugs in NYC, I definitely wanted to burn everything. Luckily my infestation wasn’t that bad, but I did use a lot of 91% rubbing alcohol… on everything. Also food grade diatomaceous earth worked like a charm (in case you find yourself in this unfortunate situation).
Daniel Bethencourt via USA Today:
The fire started at around 4:30 a.m. Sunday at the St. Antoine Gardens apartment complex in Midtown Detroit. That’s when the man thought bedbugs had returned to his apartment and sprayed alcohol on his couch and body in an attempt to destroy them, said Dan Austin, a mayor’s office spokesman.
But then, while sitting on the alcohol-doused couch, the man lit a cigarette and also tried to set one of the bedbugs on fire, Austin said. That caused the couch to catch fire, along with the man’s body.
Latest posts by Marcie Gainer (see all)
- Man beset by bedbugs sets apartment ablaze - Jan 12, 2016
- Watch the trailer for Werner Herzog’s new documentary - Jan 10, 2016
- John Waters Behind the Scenes of Cry Baby - Jan 6, 2016