The Equation of Life Overview:
When 11-year-old Adam (played by filmmaker Gerry Orz) is bullied in his new town on his way to school, he begins to video journal his daily experiences. When he finally takes matters into his own hands, everyone around him is affected. His parents, his sister, the bully and his mother… they all pay a price for their actions.
THE EQUATION OF LIFE is a dramatic film by one child who is speaking to all children (and adults) about a subject so important it should be seen by everyone. More than a story about bullying, THE EQUATION OF LIFE teaches that every decision we make changes the path on which we travel.
THE EQUATION OF LIFE’s message is so powerful that it will change the way a child, a mother, a father, a friend and a family view life.
Filmmaker Gerry Orz has appeared in front of the California Senate twice speaking on the subject of bullying.
For public performance inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“There are many anti-bullying films on the market. What makes this one unique is the voice of a child who experienced it first-hand. The resolutions proposed are simple and realistic. If this film prevents the bullying of even one child, then it’s done its job.”
– Ranny Levy, Founder and President, KIDS FIRST!
Let’s Do the Math:
• 28% of U.S. students in grades 6-12 have experienced bullying.*
• Approximately 30% of young people admit to bullying others in surveys taken.*
• Over 70% of young people say they have seen bullying in their schools.*
• When bystanders intervene, bullying stops within 10 seconds 57% of the time.*
DVD INCLUDES 26 MINUTES OF BONUS FEATURES:
• CA State Senate 2012, CA State Senate 2013