We all live in Marshall McLuhan’s wake.
“The global village” and “the medium is the message” are among the most quoted phrases of our time. Now, over twenty years after his death, in the midst of an era of Internet, virtual and wired technologies, MCLUHAN’S WAKE explores the enduring hold of McLuhan’s message. Grounded in McLuhan’s last scholarly work, The Laws of Media, MCLUHAN’S WAKE is a visually dazzling and poetic film, translating these laws into an illuminating and revealing text, haunted by archival footage and the voice of McLuhan himself.
Over 100 minutes of extras!
- Interactive Tetrads – exploring technology via McLuhan’s Laws of Media.
- “The Descent into the Maelstrom” – Bonus short animated film of Edgar Allan Poe’s story.
- Exclusive interviews with Corrine McLuhan, Eric McLuhan, Neil Postman, Lewis Lapham, Edmund Carpenter, Gerald O’Grady, Philip Marchand, Frank Zingrone and Patricia Bruckmann.
- More than an hour of vintage McLuhan audio clips.
- Gallery featuring photographs of McLuhan and some of his mind-bending aphorisms.
- Original music soundtrack composed by Kurt Swinghammer.
- Hundreds of pages of printable text, including a McLuhan dossier, director’s notes and original shooting script.
- Study guide for McLuhan’s Wake.