PAY 2 PLAY: Democracy’s High Stakes
If our political system is like a game of Monopoly, how can outsiders have a voice when only money speaks? John Ennis documents comical corruption, follows political newcomers, and uncovers intrigue in this colorful journey that connects the dots of Big Money in our ever-challenging election process.
Driven to make the world better for his newborn daughter, Ennis looks for ways outsiders can lead when our country is run by insiders and pay-to-play politics. He journeys through high drama on the Ohio campaign trail, uncovers the secret history of America’s past time, and explores the underworld of L.A. street art on a humorous odyssey that reveals how much of a difference one person can make. From billionaires meeting in secret to citizens taking to the streets, PAY 2 PLAY follows the money and connects the dots in this portrait of People Power rising.
- Robert Reich, Former Secretary of Labor, UC Berkeley Professor
- Marianne Williamson, NY Times Bestselling Author, Speaker
- Noam Chomsky, MIT Professor, Author, Linguist
- Jack Abramoff, Convicted Lobbyist
- Lawrence Lessig, Harvard Professor, Director of Center of Ethics, ROOT$TRIKERS, Author
- Van Jones, Attorney, Activist, Author, Rebuild The Dream
- Jerry Springer, Former Mayor of Cincinnati
- Alec Monopoly, Artist
- Mary Bottari, Center For Media and Democracy
Art by Shepard Fairey!
- The Chili Hustle (3:18)
- Who is Alec Monopoly? (3:55)
- Free Humanity: The Diamond in the Lotus (3:17)
- LydiaEmily the Tattooed Artist Lady (2:40)
- Teacher: Teaching Peace (2:52)