Where have we gone wrong? Why has the death rate from heart disease and cancer exploded in recent times? Why are the ice caps melting, the oceans dying and the forests being cut down as we produce the food necessary to support our burgeoning populations?
Against a backdrop of colorful and delicious food grown by organic farmers and prepared in the kitchens of world-famous chefs, PLANEAT for the first time brings together the ground-breaking stories of three prominent scientists who have made it their life’s work to answer these questions:
- Dr. T. Colin Campbell discovers evidence of the link between diet and cancer.
- Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn successfully uses nutrition to treat chronically ill heart disease patients.
- Professor Gidon Eshel demonstrates how our food choices contributed to global warming, wasteful land use and lifeless oceans.
This powerful documentary film inspires us to make the right food choices – choices that can dramatically reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, protect our environment and make our planet sustainable while celebrating the joys of food.
– The Times
“Compelling scientific evidence”
– Time Out
“Those of us here at Meat Free Monday fully support the efforts made by the makers of Planeat, which we hope will alert people to the dangers of some of our current practices.”
– Sir Paul McCartney
“Should be compulsory viewing”
– The Herald
“Punchy and inspirational”
– ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ Total Film
- Official Selection: London International Documentary Film Festival
- Official Selection: Whole Foods Do Something Reel Film Festival
- Official Selection: European Documentary Film Festival
- Official Selection: DC Environmental Film Festival