Roots & Branches Overview
A Classical Practice for Transforming the Body, Mind, & Spirit
• Cultivates the Life Force within.
• Known to strengthen and heal the body, clarify the mind, and inspire the spirit
• Roots & Branches 5 Element Qi Gong™ brings together the Yang Style Tradition of Tai Chi and Classical 5 Element Chinese Medicine.
DISC 1: ELEMENTS & MOVEMENTS
• Explains and teaches postures, walks and massages designed to increase health and energy.
• Breathing and movement combine with easy-to-follow instructions.
DISC 2: WORKOUTS
• Several daily workouts are included to fit into any lifestyle.
THE 5 ELEMENTS
Water, Wood, Fire, Earth, and Metal form the cycles of life and health. Each element is clearly explained and demonstrated in inspiring natural environments by master teachers.
THE INNER TEACHINGS
In the 1970s, Professor Cheng Man-Ch’ing assigned Tai Chi postures and massages to his patients to aid in their healing. Combined with breathing, they had a powerful effect, not just on the body, but on spirit, will, and sense of destiny. Professor’s Senior Student, Patrick Watson, preserved this work with Pat Gorman, M.Ac., and she developed it into Roots & Branches with Gerrie Sporken, Ac.M. Both are Tai Chi Legacy Holders and practitioners of Chinese Medicine in the 5 Element Worsley Tradition.
THE TAI CHI FOUNDATION
The Tai Chi Foundation was established in 1978 by Professor Patrick Watson, and Pat Gorman, M.Ac., to train teachers and develop courses in Tai Chi, Chinese Arts and related philosophy. It has a European partner in the Stichting School of Tai Chi Chuan. Both are not-for-profit corporations with over 100 teachers worldwide, and yearly Tai Chi Summer Camps for teachers and students.