Paul “Papa Smurf” Karason died earlier this year, but stories of people who have had their skin turn blue as a result of exposure to colloidal silver continue to surface:
Rosemary, a retired Spanish teacher from Vermont, U.S., said: “When I was 11 years old, my mother mentioned to an ENT specialist that I always had a cold. He told me that it had to be allergies and prescribed nose drops that contained silver, recommending that I take them ‘as needed’.” She did as she was told, using the drops every time she had a stuffy nose.
At first, no could notice any difference in Rosemary’s skin, not even her parents. “The change in my color was so slow, I didn’t notice. My family and friends didn’t notice either because they saw me every day,” she said.
A nurse finally spotted the difference in color and Rosemary went to see a dermatologist.