Are you a Futurist? Are you assured that we are going to burn ourselves out as a species in the next century? Are you an artist set on using these tools we have while we have the time, or an optimist set to create an army of Nanobots (or Nanobats, if you live in Gotham) that will cure cancer?
There is room for all these perspectives and more at this years Extreme Futurist Festival (XFF for short) being held in Los Angeles.
And December 21 and 22 2012! What a time for it. End of the world, man!
This even will feature
- Speakers (Randal A. Koene, Dr. Aubrey de Grey, Dr. Ben Goertzel, …)
- Music (Lydia Lunch, Negativland, …)
- Art (Kevin Mack, Shayna Yates, James Curcio, …)
- Films (H+ the Digital Series, Surf Now Apocalypse Later, Tragos, …)
- Vendors (Grindhouse Wetwares, Re/Search Publications, Mythos Media including the recent Words of Traitors and Rachel Haywire’s Acidexia, …)
- …and, you guessed it, a great deal more.