The Super Natural: A New Vision of the Unexplained was promised by its publishers (Tarcher-Penguin) to be “the most important book on the paranormal since Charles Fort published The Book of the Damned in 1919.
This dated yet very interesting interview of Jacques Vallee, covers a vast area of topics surrounding the UFO Phenomenon.
- How Jacques Vallee was an inspiration for Claude Lacombe in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Also, the disagreement he had with Steven Spielberg’s portrayal of aliens.
- His views on the lessons of the phenomenon.
- The three levels of the Phenomenon:
- The physical.
- The affects on witnesses.
- The social impact on belief systems.
Fortean Doug Skinner’s (my interview here) one-man effort to preserve the archives of the late paranormal researcher John A. Keel has been nothing short of heroic. Skinner, a personal friend of Keel’s,…