This crazy video features an insane look back on the toys and cartoons of the 1980′s by a couple of confused evangelical Christians who see the Devil in every detail. Author Phil Phillips and Pastor Gary Greenwald would be just a couple of bumbling buffoons if their brand of humorless hysteria hadn’t been part of a bigger trend that lead to the “Satanic Panic” of that era — a time when hundreds of unsubstantiated cases of so-called Satanic ritual abuse were reported around the United States.
The good people at i09 published a short version of this video. Here are some of their favorite bits:
• Dungeons & Dragons “game pieces” scream when you set them on fire!
• “It’s called necromology.”
• Darth looks “almost exactly” like the Norse god Odin
• Smurfs are blue with black lips… just like corpses.
• “There’s a form of witchcraft [in Star Wars] called ‘Obi witchcraft.’” Obi obi obi!… Read the rest