The seven lessons:
- Know the difference between hearing and listening, and learn to listen to people.
- Repay the kindness bestowed upon you, keep your code, all is good.
- There are no small promises. A man’s promise should weigh more than his life.
- It’s okay to be betrayed, just don’t be the betrayer. Betray others and you betray yourself. You won’t be able to trust anyone.
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend. You can tell more about a man by his enemies than you can by his friends. A man with no enemies is worthless.
- In life we only encounter the injustices we are meant to correct.
- If you want to live well you have to die once.